Photo above: Three farms. From left: Patrick Flanagan; McWilliams/O`Hagan; Hugh Lagan
In 1832 there was a Phelim McWilliams living in this farm. By 1856 Felix McWilliams was the head of the family. Then at some period in the 1880s the farm had passed to Michael McWilliams who was obviously his son. Then by 1901 Michael seems to have died and his wife, Mary, is head of the family. Her daughter Mary 38, who is married to an O`Hagan, is living with her, as well as her two grand daughters, Minnie 9 and Martha 4. Also, her two grand sons Michael 7 and Felix 2. This Felix must be the same one who lived on the Boireann road, Moydamlaght. The farm can be seen on the right hand side of Flanagan`s farm.
Hagans House 02
Four farms (From left)... Patrick Flanagan, John Mellon,E dward and Phillip Hessan, Wm and Eliz McKeown.
The strip if land which is partially visible on the left of the photo and covered in bushes, once belonged to Redmond Mellon who was a close relation of Maggie Mellon. Something happened and the farm ended up in the ownership of David, then his son Donal Kelly, who lived at Frank Walsh`s. The old walls are almost completely gone now.