The building in the background was close to the Chapel and was a   shop/bar/dwelling run by John and Anne Campbell. Anne`s father was Peter (Redmond) Moran and when Anne and John got married, they inherited the place from him. He was one of so many Morans in the Altayeskey area that it was once called Moranstown locally.

Around 1910, the bar licence was sold to the Bradley family (Pat Paddy) who started a pub where the Shepherd`s Rest is today. John and Anne ran a shop there in Altayeskey  for a good many  years. John died first and when Anne died the place was sold to Johnny (Sophia) Gillespie. It now belongs to Gerard Kelly who has built his house and farm buildings there.