Another substantial farmstead of it`s time. The skilled stonemasonry skills of these people are still clear to be seen. The building stones were not of ideal quality and this makes the masonry skills of the builders even more impressive. Built on different levels, it comprises of a byre, barn and traditional farm buildings and even though its roofs are gone the walls are still in good condition. Again this is a measure of skilled stonemasonry.
This place, referred to as Ephie`s ; belonged to William Barnett who passed it on to Ephraim. In 1901, Ephraim is living in this house with his brothers, John and James and sister Mary. John and James had a forge and carpentry shop in Cavanreagh for some years, close to St. Anne`s church. However, they eventually had to give the business up because of bad health. Ephraim worked the farm at home.
The last person to have lived in this house was Jack McAvoy, who is believed to have come from Lissan. He was a small friendly and popular man, by all accounts. He was found dead one day by a neighbour, sitting in his chair with a cup of tea in front of him.
Robert Barnett`s house was sited just below Willie (Jack) Barnett`s house at the bend of the road. Robert was around in 1832 but seems to have died at some time during the 1880`s and his farm passed to John Sinclair. There is only a small pile of stones left on the site of Robert`s house now. Not much is known about this house as Robert does not seem to have had a family.