There is a gravestone record which tells us that there was a Michael Mallon who once lived in this place and who died March 1864.

This house later belonged to Bridget and Andrew Mellon (same Mellon as Maggie). They eventually left it to their nephew James O`Hagan who hailed from Desertmartin and who raised his family there. James had a son, Michael who along with his wife Alice, reared their children, Patrick and Bridget there. Another son, James married Mary McFarlane and set up home in Glenviggan. They had a son, Seamus and daughters, Monica (Nagle), Teresa  (Fullen), Rosie (Church} and  James O`Hagan who died Jan. 1950. His wife, Bridget died June 1907.

The old house is now owned by Lawrence Cleary who gave it an upgrade. 

This is O’Hagan`s house which is being restored by Lawrence Cleary. It’s great to see iniatives like this which preserve our heritage. 

O'Hagan House Now Owned by Lawrence Cleary