House in background was James (Charlie) Moran`s. James was son of Charlie Moran and Charlie`s father was Bernard.
The hill at the lower end of Glenviggan was always called Crockmoran (Moran`s hill) because of a clachan of Morans that once existed there. The Morans have been in the Sixtowns for a very long time indeed. They probably date back well into the 1700`s. One particular Moran emigrated to America and fought in the American War of Independence. That would suggest that the Moran`s were in the Sixtowns before that time. SEE story of Hugh Morrin.
There was a time when the townland of Tullybrick was once called `Moran`s town, because there were so many of them living there.
In 1856, there were four houses of Morans in Crockmoran, Glenviggan.They were Hugh, Charles, James and Susan. Charles`s father was Bernard and his son was James. Then as the families of three of the houses died out all the land went to James Moran.
Frank Moran going out for a shot.
The Moran homestead, home to Frank, his father James, his grandfather Jamie and their families down the generations