The old house has been replaced now. In 1856, Bernard Gillespie was listed as living here. It is known that he came from across the river in Tullybrick. The family still own the original farm there. Then by 1911, Bernard`s son, Pat is living there with his wife Sara and their two sons and six daughters. They were, Kate 16, Bernard 14, Sara 12, Ellen 10, Patrick 8, Bridget 6, Maggie 4 and  Agnes 1. Barney and Maggie remained at home when the family grew up  and neither one got married so they were the last of the Gillespies to live in that house. When Barney and Maggie died the farm and house passed to their nephew Michael Kelly, from Doon.